Is the fabric acrylic the same as polyester?
Acrylic fiber fabric features
Acrylic fabric, commonly known as artificial wool, so its fabric has a soft, fluffy feel similar to wool fabric, and the color is bright, and is very popular among consumers. The characteristics of acrylic fiber fabric are:
1. Acrylic fiber has the reputation of synthetic wool, and its elasticity and bulkiness are similar to natural wool. Therefore, the fabric's warmth is not under the wool fabric, even about 15% higher than similar wool fabrics.
2. The acrylic fabric is dyed brightly and the light resistance is the first of all kinds of fabrics. However, its wear resistance is the worst among various synthetic fabrics. Therefore, acrylic fabrics are suitable for outdoor clothing, swimwear and children's clothing.
3. Acrylic fabrics have poor hygroscopicity, are easily stained, and have a sultry feel, but their dimensional stability is good.
4. Acrylic fabric has better heat resistance, second in the composite fiber, and is resistant to acids, oxidants and organic solvents, and is relatively sensitive to alkali.
5. Acrylic fabric is a lighter fabric in synthetic fabrics, second only to polypropylene, so it is a good lightweight clothing, such as mountaineering clothes, winter warm clothing.
Characteristics of polyester fiber fabric
Polyester fabric is a kind of chemical fiber fabric used in daily life. Its biggest advantage is that it has good wrinkle resistance and shape retention, so it is suitable for coat clothing. In general, polyester fabric has the following characteristics:
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery. Therefore, it is durable, wrinkle-free and non-iron.
2. Polyester fabrics have poor hygroscopicity and are sultry, and are easy to carry static electricity and stain dust, which affects the appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength is hardly reduced, it is not deformed, and it has good washing and wearability.
3. Polyester is the most heat-resistant fabric in synthetic fabrics. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long pleats. At the same time, the polyester fabric has poor resistance to melting, and it is easy to form holes in the case of soot or Mars. Therefore, wear should avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc.
4. Polyester fabrics have better lightfastness, and their lightfastness is better than natural fiber fabrics except for acrylic fibers. Especially in the back of the glass, the light fastness is very good, almost the same as acrylic fiber.
5. Polyester fabrics are resistant to a wide range of chemicals. Acid and alkali have little damage to them, and they are not afraid of mold and are not afraid of insects.
Polyester: When it comes into contact with the flame, it first causes the coil to melt, then burns, and burns down the melt, and the yellow bright flame is blue. When burning, there is black smoke at the top of the flame, and burning ceases from the flame. It has a slightly aromatic smell after the flame has ceased, and the ash is black glass with a hard block that can be crushed with fingers.
Acrylic: When it comes into contact with the flame, it melts first and then burns slowly. There is a yellow flame and a flash. It can continue to burn after the fire, but the speed is slow, it gives a bitter smell when burning, and some like coal tar. The ash is an irregular black lumps that are not easily crushed.
Please indicate the source.
Xinke Protective cotton flame resistant fabric has good breath ability and wicking properties, soft and comfortable. This is a characteristic of all-cotton materials, which allows us to develop a more comfortable feel while developing flame retardant functions. Of course, other materials fabrics have their own characteristics, such as cotton polyester fr fabric, cotton nylon fr fabric, arimid fabric, modacrylic fabric etc. If you are interested, you can find their related introductions in other categories.Cotton Flame Resistant Fabric
, Flame Resistant Fabric
, Fire Resistant Fabric
, Stain Flame Resistant Fabric
ETDZ Holdings Ltd. http://www.coverallsuits.com